Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wings

Options
mo egg
mo egg Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
someone posted a wing recipe they tried using italian bread crumbs and panko bread crumbs red pepper galic powder and onion power i think he used a chipote red pepper also. didnt have the chipote so last week i thought i would try it. sorry i dont remember who posted it. he cook it at 350 direct. i was afaid i would burn them so heres what i did. put wings in zip lock bag with oil to coat then remove and put in bread crumb mixture put on a raised grid and cook at 250 took about 2 hours turning ever 30 min. ill have to tell you they were great. even my son thought they tasted like fried. im going to try chicken legs to day cooking the same way. hope they turn out as good. i used 3/4 cup of each bread crumbs then spices to taste.

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Sounds gooood! Keep us in tune!! 8 - ),,,
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Hey Mo,
    Glad you liked them. That was my post a few weeks back.
    I didn't want to wait for that long to eat the wings. That is why the temp was at 350. I also did a rasied grid. The recipes is at the right. You can use the basic coating for any type of chicken part and even pork tenderloin. Play around with different spices in your mixure and have fun. I hope you tried the Spicey Ranch dressing from Hidden Valley with a few dashs of chipote tabasco. It IS to die for.. :P
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • mo egg
    mo egg Posts: 143
    Options
    yes i did try the spicey ranch, your right it was good with the wings. with the legs i going to leave out the red pepper. wife cant handle spicy food. stomach problems. will let you know how the legs turn out. im going with bread crumbs 1 tablespoon lawrys season salt 1 teaspoon galic powder 1 teaspoon onion onion powder. lets hope it turns out great like the wings
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    That sounds good too. Nice thing is you can change it up with the spices and make a whole new dish. Luck to ya.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP