Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CI DO

Options
EGGLANDS BEST
EGGLANDS BEST Posts: 211
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a question i was in target today and saw a 6.5 qt enamel coated CI DO that said good for oven temps of 400 degrees or below and wanted to know if i should get it or invest in a lodge the price was $42 i think

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    EGGLANDS BEST,

What make was it? I don't know about Lodge enamelled stuff but I have a fair bit of Le Creuset. I recently bought some Cuisinart on sale and I have been really happy with it. I have burnt up more of the Le Creuset than I care to remember.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EGGLANDS BEST
    Options
    little steven,

I think it was a tramontina brand if i'm not mistaken
  • EGGLANDS BEST
    Options
    Recommended
    Tramontina 6.5-Qt. Cast Iron Dutch Oven
    Crafted from enameled cast iron, the oven produced glossy, deeply flavored Belgian beef stew; fluffy white rice; and crispy French fries in the test kitchen. Its larger capacity (6.5 quarts) and even lower price made it our preferred choice over the Lodge (6 quarts.)

Lodge Enamel-on-Cast-Iron 6-Quart Dutch Oven
    Crafted from enameled cast iron, and like the Tramontina produced glossy, deeply flavored Belgian beef stew; fluffy white rice; and crispy French fries in the test kitchen. But the Tramontina oven's larger capacity (6.5 quarts to the Lodge's 6 quarts) and even lower price made it our preferred choice.