Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs Are On--Show what you're cooking today!!

Options
BHE1
BHE1 Posts: 205
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had over a foot of snow fall on us yesterday--I can't think of anything better to do than cook some ribs!!!

Went out this morning to start the egg and the lid was frozen.
DSC_0068.jpg
Used the vegetable oil on paper towel tricks to get the fire going!!
DSC_0073.jpg
Seasoned the ribs up with garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, JH Pecan rub and brown sugar
DSC_0060.jpg
The ribs are finally on!! Can't wait for a little play-off football and ribs!!
DSC_0074.jpg

Let's see what the rest of you are cooking today!!!!

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Right now I have a loaf of pumpernickel rising - about an hour more until it goes on.

Tonight for dinner I'll be doing some yogurt-chili chicken breasts.

PumpernickelRising2.jpg

PumpernickelRising.jpg
  • 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    Options
    Doing some ribs too. Fred Flintstone style.
    100_0436.jpg
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Old pic, but same idea for tonight.
    Cajun baked catfish.

ctf3.jpg

Mike
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    These are going on shortly

101_2749.jpg

101_2750.jpg
  • BHE1
    Options
    Tim,

I'm jealous---those look real good and probably close to being done!!

Are those beef ribs? I haven't had beef ribs on the egg yet--I need to soon.
  • BHE1
    Options
    Rod,

Yogurt-chili chicken breasts?? Please post pics when they are done. Also, if you don't mind, please share the recipe. I am always looking for new chicken breast recipes.

Thanks for sharing.

Ed
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Nice shots! I'll be doing cornish hens this evening.

Stay warm!

Mike

hens.jpg
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Some Nathan's dogs either plain or maybe on crack - whatever the judges want.

IMG_2171800x600.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Rod,

Are you doing Tandoori style?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Options
    Here is the recipe. I'll take pics and post them later. This is a first time try for me, so no promises on quality.

Yogurt-Chili Chicken

1 cup plus 6 Tbsp plain nonfat yogurt
    Juice of 1 lemon
    2 tsp honey
    11/8 tsp chili powder
    Salt and pepper
    4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
    1 mango, diced
    1/2 red bell pepper, diced
    Cilantro, chopped

In a large bowl, whisk 1 cup of the yogurt, half the lemon juice, honey, 1 tsp chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and mix to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours; bring to room temperature before cooking.

Preheat to 375°F. Put the chicken on indirect and discard remaining marinade. Cook until 160* internal.

Meanwhile, combine the mango, pepper, and remaining lemon juice, chili powder, and yogurt to make a salsa. Cut the chicken on the diagonal into thick slices, fan the slices, spoon over with salsa, and top with cilantro.
  • 2EggTim
    Options
    They are done and peacefully resting. Shoud be just right for kickoff. These are my bourbon molasses ribs.
  • 2EggTim
    Options
    Sorry I forgot, these are just a slab of pork ribs.
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    For lunch, Zippy's infamous pizza crust pizza:
    349732444.jpg
    349732426.jpg

For Dinner, stuffed chicken breasts:
    350798731.jpg
    350798744.jpg
  • Regis
    Regis Posts: 23
    Options
    Mike,

I love cornish hens on the Egg. I like to stuff mine with a mixture of cooked wild rice, onions and celery. Smoked with a little cherry wood.

Always a big hit. Enjoy yours today!! :cheer:
  • 70chevelle
    Options
    Hey, that looked just like my frozen egg this morning! The only difference is how light it is at your place! My local grocery had BOGO Angus Bottom Round Roasts, so I picked up 2. I trimmed the fat, but kept the heavy piece that I cut from the top of the roasts. I poured some soy & worchestishire on and then rubbed with KC steak seasoning, replaced the fat on top and marinated overnite. Put them on the egg this morning around 7:00 am with a few pieces of hickory. Took them off when the internal hit 130*, let them rest for an hour or so, and then put them in the fridge to firm up. I pulled out my favorite slicer and gave it a quick sharpening. It's a vintage Queen Cutlery slicer with a bone handle and 13" mirror polished blade about 1" wide. I removed the fat, put it in my au jus pot to simmer, trimmed any other excess fat I could find and shaved the two roasts. The meat and au jus will go in a warmer later on for the Steeler game. GO STEELERS!!!!!!! Sorry, no pic's but I can tell you it is fantastically juicy, smokey, and tasteful! A thouroughly enjoyable morning, which will hopefully be followed up by an equally enjoyable evening with family, friends and big Steeler win!
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Nice lookin' short ribs! Often times the local markets' packaging include some that are just bone and 1/2" of meat. I do them (when I find a good choice) with an Asian twist and they're always a treat! 8 - ),,,

ShortRibs1a.jpg
  • Rascal
    Options
    Oh, I just luv it! Wilma, where's my beer?! 8- ),,,
  • Rascal
    Options
    Lookin' good! is that from a recipe posted here?
  • Fidel
    Options
    The bread recipe is slightly modified from egret's recipe he posted about a month ago.

Bread is on now and has about 10 minutes to go.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    No pictures yet, but later today I'm egging some really nice looking baby backs from my favorite butcher shop and plan to sauce them with Big Un's Carnivore Sauce that just arrived yesterday.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Slow day here with our very cold 47° weather so I cooked fast and got back inside.

DSC00483.jpg

Used Popsicle's recipe.

They were delicious.

Spring "Big Shrimp In A Little Pond" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Gonna inject with a little garlic/butter mixture and use rosemary and olive oil on the outside. Wild Rice is the side tonight.
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    Ours hasn't gone on yet.

Making falafel
    DSC_2149800x600.jpg

and gyros
    DSC_2151800x600.jpg

trying to do the gyro meat like a fatty, we'll see how it works
    DSC_2160800x600.jpg
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    I'll be watching for that post! Take some good pics and I'll post it my site, if you want to.