Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn Beef Brisket (flat)....

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a Corn Beef Brisket (flat)....Is this the same type brisket cooked on the BGE? If so, I would like a nice recipe for it![p]Thx,

Comments

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Will,[p]The brisket flat is the cut of meat used to make corned beef. Sounds like you have one that has already been "corned". You want a fresh brisket, not a corned beef brisket, to cook on the Egg.[p]I place mustard/rub on my briskets and cook at 250°-275° (try to hedge towards 250°) using indirect heat. I pull my briskets off when the internal temp reaches 190°-195°.[p]Jim
  • JSlot,
    Thanks, I didn't think I had the right one. I guess I'll just throw this one in the old crock pot.[p]

• Will,

What you will get using a bisket that has already been "corned" is probably the best home made pastrami you'll ever taste.[p]Slice it very thin against the grain and put it on rye bread with mustard. Heaven!

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    NB666,
    I like to drain, rinse and pat dry the corned brisket, then coat it with cracked pepper (press it into the surface). Egg 2 hours at 230°, then finish in the crockpot.
    Ken