Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

kids and ABTs

Options
crghc98
crghc98 Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First time with the ABTs. No finished pix but here they are last night. Served them up at a work party and they went quick. One guy ate about 10!

Rebel121808111.jpg

Rebel121808234.jpg

Comments

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Oh, Whitman, it does my heart good! :laugh: Glad to know the egg is beginning it's presence in the frozen North East! :) So there is still hope for my family! I grew up in Hingham, have a brother in Pembroke, a brother in Hanson, Mother still in Hingham. Don't understand it however...when it is 75 here, and 17 there, but that's what makes the world go round! :silly: Great looking ABT's. and beautiful children as well! Keep cooking New England! (Go Pats!)
  • crghc98
    Options
    Thanks...surprised there was as many New Englanders on here when I joined, given I had never heard of the egg until I started doing research...

Grew up in Rockland and moved to hanson, then on to Whitman.

If you are up visiting family and need an egg fix...look me up..
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Guaranteed! I may even tell my brother about you...He would LOVE an egg...he just doesn't know it yet! :huh: He is in Pembroke. Thanks! I'll keep you posted! :)
  • Charleston Dave
    Options
    One guy ate TEN?

Oh, my...I'm cooking for 60 on New Year's Day and was hoping to make do with a mere 120 ABTs.

This is not good news! :angry:

Then again, I'm not surprised. My last trial run on ABTs, I ate all 12 myself and wanted more. Addictive li'l suckers, aren't they?
  • Shilomare
    Options
    You may want to consider cutting the ABT's in half for serving purposes. They seem to last a little longer that way, no much longer, but long enough for most to get their fill....just a thought...

Richard
    Annapolis, MD
  • Shilomare
    Options
    We are looking forward to returning to our New England roots and attending the second NewEggland Eggfest in June....The New Hampshire distributor put on a great fest last year and worth traveling to.....Keep your eye on the the forum for details later...

Richard
    Annapolis, MD
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    LOL there are a lot of us northern eggers up here! and the NH fest was just grand last year wasn't it!! Although this cold egger is headed due south in a very short time!
  • crghc98
    Options
    Yeah he's a big dude, and he really wants an egg. He chowed 10...made up for the timid folks who didn't want to eat a "hot" pepper...Told them I took the seeds out but still too hot for them.
  • crghc98
    Options
    we lost our distributor over in Hanover. I think the closest dealer is Mansfield now. A friend of mine bought one their and the guy wouldn't put a package together for him, and didn't have many accessories in stock. I think they had to order the platesetter. Too bad. I got a good deal in Hanover....

It's also tough to find good lump and wood chunks around here.....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    people in mass convince themselves its too hot before even trying it, i know one thats convinced bell peppers are too spicey and wont touch them. for lump you need to look at pallets or half pallets. boscowan nh and someplace i believe in conn are drop off centers for wicked good. you will save a bundle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    Beautiful angels and the ABT's look good also.
  • crghc98
    Options
    thanks. I found a coal and ice place that carries wicked good. I will need to talk to them about buying in bulk, maybe getting a delivery there etc...right now though their prices aren't too bad....