Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

V-Day Success (what did you cook last night?)

Options
Big-R
Big-R Posts: 36
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wooooeeee, sucess at last. I've been failing at grilled fish for years now, but the BGE has come thru for me. The boss and I decided on eating in this year as the kidlinks had to be all over everywhere at different times. T-Bones and Salmon fillets were the select treats for the V-day repast. I grabbed my handy bible (BGE cookbook compiled by Wise One) and read up on cooking salmon. Going simple, I followed several of the tips for cooking fish on the egg....
- skin on
- hot clean grate
- brush with oil (grate and fish)
- be patient and wait til each side is done[p]Seared the steaks, dropped the temp, grilled the salmon. Wonderful, didn't stick, break apart, or burn. I was the hero of the house, Smashed potatoe casserole, ceasar salad, homemade dinner rolls, cold beverage of choice. Best V-day is quite some time.[p]Thanks to you all for helping me begin to master the egg.[p]If you live on the east coast this weekend, be careful as it's gonna be nasty out 2-4" sleet and freezing rain. Possible power outages.[p]Randy