Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Spider

CecilCecil Posts: 771
edited 5:16AM in EggHead Forum
My laptop is dead and I don't have my bookmark for eggcessories. I want to get myself a spider or extender for Christmas. Would someone please kindly post a link? I know that this has been talked about ad nausium but I am confused as to which one I need.

Walt

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 21,812
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
  • DryFlyDryFly Posts: 351
    Ad Nausaeum?? Well I never!
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    What is so confusing? A Spider is a spider. There is only one per egg size!!

As for extenders get the Adjustable rig.. Wait it's the only one too :)

If you want elevation get a woo ring.
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Sorry, I am out of sorts without my laptop. I meant spider vs. woo ring and the website to get them. They sit so happily on my bookmarks but no way to access them.

And yes, Fly this subject has been discussed on multiple occasons.

Walt
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    They are still two different animals. The woo ring elevates the grid. The spider holds a pizza stone for in direct cooking or it can hold a Wok.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,715
    thanks for covering the bases....T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • For me the spider does more.

In addition to the above, I use the spider normal to sear meat in a Dutch Ooven or on a cast iron skillet (no high dome temp needed).

After the meat is seared in the DO invert the spider and put the DO on the spider for cooking soups, stews, chili, blackened fish, pot roast or cakes what ever.

I also use the spider inverted to hold a, deep dish pizza pan for indirect cooking, works great with the adjustable rig. I like to put a patato, onion, sausage pan raised on the pizza pan then a chicken on the adjustable rig above that for some great chicken dinner.

chili1.jpg

doroast1.jpg

doroast3.jpg

GG
    Yes, and they have been discussed,compared and contrasted in the same thread many times.

Walt
    Thank you, Kent.

Wallt