Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Birthday Mrs. Jeannie Hippo

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today is Mrs. Jeannie's big day and she is not having fun at all. She fell last night & has a hairline fracture in her ankle and let us add a bruise to her "pride". Let's all send her a big get well and happy day greeting.
If any do not know who she is, this is Mrs. Big'Un.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANNIE.....

and be careful.... :pinch:
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Jeannie! I am sure those sweet boys are taking care of you just fine. I am forever hurting my ankles and feel your pain. Everything you do hurts. Just sit back and let Todd and the boys spoil you.

Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Once again the Universe has put things in perspective.

Was feeling down today, and then I read this.

Happy Birthday Jeanne and I hope your pride and your ankle get better real soon.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    happy birthday jeannie.. hope you have many more...

sorry to hear you fell maybe too much time in that room in the basement ;):whistle::)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs Jeannie, may you have many more but without the ankle thing. Hope you heal quickly.

My Best to ya,
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jeannie. Hope the ankle feels better soon. I'm sure the big guy's taking good care of you.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Happy Birthday sweetheart. I asked Todd to hug your neck for me in another thread, but in case he missed it - here it is again.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Happy birthday from the GG crew.

GG
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Tom,
    Thanks for posting this.

Jeannie, sorry you had the accident and hope you can still enjoy your day. Best wishes for both a speedy recovery and a Happy Birthday.

Steve and Norma

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Happy birthday Jeannie!!! Sorry you have to be in pain for it, hope you heal fast. -RP
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANNIE!!!

Very sorry to hear about your ankle, but I have to wonder if the doc and you worked something out, so you could have an excuse to sit back and not have to do a thing on your b'day, while Todd and the boys fix some good eats?!?!

If so.... more power to ya! I will have to remember this trick for a future birthday of my own.

In all seriousness, I hope you have a quick recovery and a happy birthday.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Thanks Tom, and everyone for the all of the well wishes. We just got back from dinner and a doctor. She also has two ruptured tendons, and a cast for the next six weeks. She was so excited when she saw all of the messages for her. She sat down and read them all. She noted what a great group of folks yall are, I have to agree! Thanks Gang!
  • Desert Filly
    Options
    Jeannie...despite the fact that you can't walk...comfortably that is...have a wonderful birthday. 3 years ago...to this date...I broke my foot too...the navicular bone. I was ashamed to admit..I fell asleep on the couch...got up....my foot was asleep too...and I slip on the rug....Ouch. It was also my right right foot...so couldn't drive. I had to finish my Christmas shopping...and find the stores that had the electric scooter chair. I was the youngest Senior Citizent shopping. Take care...

Kim
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Happy B-Day Jeannie,I hope you got somethin good to help relieve the pain :whistle:;) I wish you the bestest,speediest recovery ever ;):)
  • EgginDawg
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your accident. Make sure Todd and the boys take GREAT care of you.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Jeannie

Congratulations.......feliz cumpleanios,muchas felicidades y muchos mas....cuídate y cuida mucho a tu marido Big'un....you are great!!!! All the best to you both you are a great couple!!!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Jeannie

Congratulations.......feliz cumpleanios,muchas felicidades y muchos mas....cuídate y cuida mucho a tu marido Big'un....you are great!!!! All the best to you both you are a great couple!!!
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Jennie,

Happy birthday!! So sorry to hear about the ankle. I ruptured my Achilles in 2005 and had a long recovery and rehab. The best thing about newer technology is the ugly walking boots they can put you into. It was such a relief to be able to walk with relatively little discomfort, and yet be able to take the damn thing off to sleep at night. Hope you're feelin' better soon. My only other advice is this: if they gave you any STRONG pain medicines, use them as little as possible. I was given Loratab, and while it removed the pain, it made me real goofy and constipated (a dangerous combination). :blink: