Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Profiles updated

Options
sdbelt
sdbelt Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All-[p]Profile updates received through Jan 22, are now on-line. Here's my profile update FAQ:[p]<table><tr><td>How are the profile updates done? They don't seem to be database driven/automatic.</td><td>When you submit a profile, an email is sent to the webmaster containing your request. This email is then forwarded to a volunteer who then makes manual HTML edits to the profiles to add/change/delete your profile.</td></tr><tr><td>I submitted a profile last week/month/year, but still haven't seen it published. How often are profiles updated?</td><td>Profiles are updated on a random basis, though there is an effort to do them at least once per month. Whenever profiles are updated a message is posted to the forum stating such. At the time of this posting all pending requests have been processed.</td></tr><tr><td>How do I change my profile?</td><td>The easiest way is just to submit a new one. When submitting a new one, do so completely, as the new one will be used in its entirety. In the Other Stuff section, if you say this is an email only change, then only your email will change. Alternatively, if you have other special instructions, you can send email directly to me</td></tr><tr><td>How do I delete my profile?</td><td>Send email to the webmaster. He will forward the delete request to me, and I'll delete it asap. Delete requests take a high priority, and I'll make every effort to get them done quicker than add/change requests</td></tr><tr><td>As the profile update volunteer, do you have the keys to the web site? Can you make other changes I'd like to see? Does you delete threads?</td><td>I have no ability or permissions to change anything on the BGE web site. After I make edits, those edits are emailed to the webmaster where they are reviewed and then published by the webmaster. Sadly, my threads have been deleted too.</td></tr><tr><td>Anything else I should know?</td><td>I enjoy this opportunity to give back to the great BGE community.</td></tr><tr><td>I have a picture, but there's no picture icon next to my name?</td><td>Like everything, that's another manual edit that I failed to make. Drop me an email, and I'll get it fixed.</td></tr></table>[p]Enjoy![p]--sdb

Comments