Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Mad Max Success

Options
Laker
Laker Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Great turkey with pecan smoke. Turkey was great, but I got the gravy a little on the sweet side.

DSC_0071.jpg

Even the dog had a good day.

DSC_0064.jpg

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    glad it worked out for you. . . .if you thought the gravy was too sweet, next time use less wine, or even no wine at all . ..that is purely optional. ..
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Nice turkey! Is your dog a sheep dog? Never saw one with so much white.
  • Laker
    Laker Posts: 110
    Options
    Max - yes I know about the wine. I was in a rush as others were fixing many items, so I didn't let the wine burn off enough before adding "crud".

Whetland Shorthair terrier. Never sheds, great dog for kids and a fantastic companion.
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    I thought your dog was an Irish Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. Here is a pic of ours:
    IMG_1093.jpg
    His name is Reilly. Needed a haircut when this was taken. Usually there is only a fall that hangs over the eyes, so they are protected but you can still see them. Needed a good combing, too. Great dogs. No shedding or dander, but their hair is so fine and soft that it mats easily. Doesn't help either that he loves to run in the woods and picks up leaves, briars, sticks, etc.