Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It a small world and ...

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
the BGE community seems to keep growing! I stopped into the local grocer to pick up a bottom round to make some beef jerky. A guy standing next to me said he has used brisket and liked it. He then asked if I was using a food dehydrator. Trying not to feel insulted or slighted, I explained I had a Big Green Egg. I explained that he did as well and LOVES it. The next 15 minuses or so were devoted to all sorts of egg discussions. So, Dustin, if you see this, my wife and I will be drinkin’ a beer tonight and toasting you and you wife![p]smokey.gif

Comments

• Smokey,
    Got your note, and my wife and I can't stop laughing! Small world indeed! Thanks again for the great idea on the egg jerky, I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I am smoking two small filets and a salmon steak as we speak. We'll be thinking of you as we enjoy them, and congratulations again on your upcoming arrival.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Dustin,[p]Those looked like good sized steaks! Yah, I know ... "shrinkage"![p]smokey.gif
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Shortly after Nature Boy joined the forum, we found out that we were next door neighbors when we were kids (well, when I was a kid and he was a teenager). :)[p]
  • Yo BluesnBBQ, Kelly Keefe and I grew up in Jefferson City, MO just three blocks apart from each other. If I am not mistaken, we still have family members that reside in our childhood homes. Of course his family still lives in their family home and my dad still lives in his house so don't get any weird ideas. :-)[p]I believe the difference in our ages is about five years. The strange thing is although Kelly and I grew up three blocks apart, the only time we have "spoken" to each other has been through e-mails.[p]Lager,[p]JDB