Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Get thee to a hardware store and buy a MAPP torch!

Options
Stuart
Stuart Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Forget electric starters, crumpled newspaper, propane or starter cubes. I'm sold on MAPP. Sure the initial outlay is significant, especially when you are a gotta-get-the-most-expensive-gadget-head like me. I spent $40 on a bottle, regulator and hose end torch set up at Home Depot. [p]Brought that baby home and wow! Now my girll is waiting for the food rather than vice-versa. My biggest challenge now is rembering how quickly the charcoal gets going and shutting the dampers fast enough to keep the temp from climbing past my cooking temp![p]My wife used to give me hard time about how long the grill took to heat up compared to gas, no longer![p]If you aren't sure about the investment borrow one and you'll be convinced. Consdier this, you spent hundreds on a hollow ceramic egg that cooks based on ancient technology, what's $20-$40 more?[p]Stuart