Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zip Lock Vacuum Bagger

Options
civil eggineer
civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw an add on TV and picked up one at Walley World. It is a hand operated vacuum pump and bags made by zip lock for $3. Can't wait to try it out. Has anyone tried this yet?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Though I don't own one my skepticism may not be warranted, but ZipLoc will have to pry my cold dead hands from my FoodSaver! Just sucking some air out may work, but REALLY making it tight and then securely sealing with heat works well!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I love it!!
    It does not replace a Foodsaver, but it is close. We can't get the bags here so I pick up a few boxes when I travel.
    The nice difference between the ziploc & the foodsaver is that you can seal liquids in the ziploc bags.
  • Shwiezzee
    Options
    I tried them however the foodsaver is the way to go.
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike Bar.
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
    Options
    It is just great. I had a foodsaver and this thing works just as well. I find it easier to use than the foodsaver. Holds a seal just as well. And needless to say, no comparison in price.
  • soulfish
    Options
    I sealed and froze this steaks two weeks ago. So far, no hint of frost, none! I worked for ziploc for many years so I might be biased. I hated their freezer bags because the food always got frost. I have used all of their products for many years and this one looks like the best thing yet. I'll probably never used my foodsaver again, ever, what a pain to use. It also helps that I can buy these vacuum bags and pumps so cheap.large.jpg