Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another celebration!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not sure how many of yall are in the same boat, but only half our family was able to make the drive to get together on Christmas due to the half foot of snow that made the day white. So we are getting together here today. I put on a 5 pound chunk-o-chest (brisket) at 2am, and it is humming that plateau song now at 160 internal. The menu so far is brisket, potato soup, and a chicken garden salad with grilled boneless tsunami'd thighs. [p]Now if'n I can get me a brisket that looks like the one WD churned out, we should be in business.[p]Hope everyone is having a great holiday season! What else is cookin? Any other multiple celebrations?[p]Chris
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• StumpBaby
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I was in the same boat. Christmas day I was planning on driving down to my parents in Mass, but the ~16 inches of snow put a stop to that plan. My parents and my brother and his family, dropped by yesterday, on their way to a ski weekend up north. My parents brought me a plate setter, egg nest, daisy wheel style top, and wing tables for my medium egg. Till now, I've just had a basic egg, sitting on those 3 ceramic feet, with only the ceramic top. Problem is that, the nest looked too small, once I put the egg into it, I could only slide open the lower vent all but about half an inch..is this normal ?..also..the plate setter was too big...and the daisy wheel top was too small. Momma said she asked for all the medium sizes..so I don't know what happened. Is the plate setter supposed to fit in the medium ? I think the daisy wheel top is a really old model..it did not have a handle, like some I've seen, and it only had the 4 vents, so it couldn't be slid wide open like I've seen on other models. OI! Anyway, it was great to see some of my family...course I still haven't seen my 5 other brothers, or my sister for the holidays..but I'll be going down for New Years. I did not have time to cook for them yesterday..as they were only passing through...but New Years..I'll be cooking for them...[p]There...another "normal" post from the Stump..
    for those that keep score
    I think that's number 4[p]Hope your second celbration is all you want it to be and more.[p]StumpBaby[p]

• StumpBaby,
    Good to see you are back on your medicine!! Just kidding. I love your posts, keep them coming. The people in my office think this whole egg thing is a bit crazy to begin with, until i bring them in some food, but when they hear me cracking up and say "stump baby just wrote another classic", they all come running. Have a great new year and good cooking to you.
    Seth

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Hi, Chris. We are doing a big get together here tonight, also. I have two 7 lb. boston butts on now for a little BBQ action tonight with some jalapéno corn casserole for good measure. I am working on posting some pics of the butts for everyone's viewing pleasure. Don't know if it'll work or not, but I'm gonna try. LOL![p]Keep the smoke risin',
    Jim

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Our family is getting together today too and we are going to put on an 18.8 lb. standing rib shortly......on the Egg, of course. We will have baked potatoes, salad, tomato aspic, roasted onions, and sourdough bread......oh, and horseradish sauce for the meat. There will be 13 of us at table. Have a great day up your way. It is cold and sunny here in the south with just a little bit of wind...

• Grate Grills
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Christmas is over but we will be celebrating a baptism to day. My sister is having the party but she has my wife and I cook for these things. Part of having the egg, you get invited to lots of parties, provided you agree to cook. Ribs are on the menu plus were taking left over brisket from christmas and making Twice baked potatoes stuffed with some cheese{from wis. everything has cheese} diced up brisket, sour cream and some onion. Got Idea from Raichlen book. Also some brisket dip. Another Idea we got from some book somewhere.

• StumpBaby
    Options
    Seth Howard,[p]Yeah..my coworkers don't quite get the egg thing either. One day I walked into the lunch room to see a large picture of the big green egg stuck on the fridge, with a blow up of my head in there roasting...ahh..such is life...and to think momma thought I would amount to nuthin![p]Glad you like the posts...I have what I consider my best..a simple little story ..about...gulp...my vasectomy...yikes...course I'll never post that...on accounta its got nothing to do with the big green egg..but on the other hand...I could be persuaded to send a direct email...if'n you have the mind for such a thing..momma sure got a kick out of it...said she laughed until she stopped.[p]Happy grillen...[p]StumpBaby