Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking temps and times for a beef tenderloin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the ideal temp for cooking a whole beef tenderloin, and approximately how long should I cook it? Any special methods?

Comments

• Mark G
    Mark G Posts: 39
    Options
    Bob in Montgomery,[p]I used to have a link to a recipe for Drunk and Dirty Tenderloin but the link doesn't work anymore(??). I think it is in the book Smoke and Spice. If nobody here has a link to the recipe I can post it or email it to you.
    I have made it 3 or 4 times and it has gotten rave reviews every time.[p]Mark

• Mark G, Please furnish recipe. It will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob[p]
  • Mark G
    Mark G Posts: 39
    Options
    Bob In Montgomery,[p]This is from 'Smoke and Spice' by Cheryl Alters Jamison and Bill Jamison. An excellent book that is considered a must have by most in this forum I think.[p]Drunk and Dirty Tenderloin
    Marinade:
    1c. soy sauce
    1/2c. bourbon
    1/4c. Worst. sauce.
    2T brown sugar
    1/2t ground ginger
    4 cloves minced garlic[p]2lb Tenderloin (I've used bigger)
    2T. coarse ground black pepper
    1t. white pepper
    1/4c. canola or corn oil
    1/4c. water[p]Mix the ingredients for the marinade and marinade for 4-12 hours. Remove the meat from the refrigerator and drain and reserve the marinade. Cover with the black pepper and then the white and let sit for 30 minutes. If you choose to mop the meat while cooking mix half the marinade with the oil and water and boil for several minutes.[p]I sear the meat on all sides in a heavy pan and then transfer it to the BGE that is at 210°-225°F with a mild wood for smoking. The recipe says to cook for 1.5-2hrs until the internal temp is 140°-145°F but I have found it cooks a little faster than that and I take it off right at 140°F. Take the rest of the marinade and boil and reduce by 1/4 and serve over the meat.[p]This turns out great everytime. I cook the tenderloin inderect over a plate setter.[p]Hope you enjoy this recipe and it inspires you to get this book.[p]Mark G[p]

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Bob in Montgomery,[p]Mark gave it it you pretty good I would say.[p]The link is to a great site IMHO.[p]Pictures always seem to help me.[p]I'll be doing this on x-mas day.[p]Hope this helps![p]Mick

[ul][li]GFW's website[/ul]