Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak & Eggs Chicago 11/08?

Options
JalopyBob
JalopyBob Posts: 175
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is THE big weekend in the world of the BGE, and I will be stuck here in the Midwest. So my question is who will be going to this Chicago event? It is a new one and I am not quite sure what to expect. It does look very interesting though and I may go ,even if only to learn or spectate. Anyone else going?

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I'll be there. This won't be a typical Eggfest though.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    Dr BBQ,

Enlighten us as to what it will be like. I'm thinking about attending but would like to know more before I ask for permission from the "boss".
  • JalopyBob
    JalopyBob Posts: 175
    Options
    DRBBQ I see that you are featured at this event. So it will be more of a learning event than one to cook at? The ad is somewhat vague. Thanks, I would like to go and get your book.
  • pouchman
    Options
    Hey Guys it Jeff. I am the one hosting the Chicago Event! We need all EGG HEADS! We already have some people signed up from Rochester, MN! Here's what we got, so far!

10 X-NFL Alumni coming out to sign autograph's, list is on our web site!
    The Jack Daniel's Girl's
    Beer, Wine & Jack Tasting
    Food from the BGE
    A vendor fair: which will show case: Hormel, Allen Brother Meat Packing Company,
    Miller Beer, Johnsonville, Tyson, GFS Market Place Stores, Contessa Shrimp Company, Ace Hardware, NBC 5 Chicago affiliates, Best Kosher, pepsi, Sweet Baby Rays, Smeraldina Sparkling water & the list goes on & on!
    Chef stage with the following line up:
    Dr. BBQ
    Kevin Rathburn
    Mike Zeller Corporate Chef from Johnsonville Sausage Company
    Chef Duce from Sweet Baby Ray's
    Chef Mark from Allen Brothers

people buying eggs, people cooking on eggs, people watching people cooking on eggs, it is going to be a rocking time!

I hope to see you there!

Jeff
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Got a group of 5 coming up from central illinois, may be more , and can't wait to get there.
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Check out pouchman's post below and check out their website http://www.biggreeneggchicago.com/
    It's a little more of a food fest than a typical Eggfest but there will be lots of eggs, food and drink. It's being held at a nice restaurant near downtown with a courtyard and a banquet building. Very cool setup and great people. Chef Rathbun is the guy in the BGE DVD.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Carbonizer
    Options
    The wife and I will be there also.
    Hopefully, fellow Chicagoeggers Pete Laimens, Dobiedad,
    ClayQ, Daryl Haider, Bud, RonL and all will be there as well.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Steve,
    This morning I took up Mark's offer of being the 6th butt in the six seat van coming from central Illinois! Looking forward to it for sure!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Just got a chance to talk to Mark earlier today and heard the good news that you're coming along. Should be a great time but don't fall asleep in the van with this crazy group :laugh: .
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    LOL - don't worry about me! I'm older and wiser than any of you whippersnappers! Fall asleep? HEY I have my credit card number memorized...there's no plastic ON or IN my body!
    BTW for over 3 years I used to get up one day every month at 3:00AM in order to drive to the Loop in Chicago to attend a meeting at 30 West Monroe Street, the corporate offices of Talman-Home - a former employer. You guys just need to tell me when and where to be in Washington and I won't be late!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.