Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Chiminea

Options
Trailblazer1229
Trailblazer1229 Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any one have one of these? If so, special order or in stock. Pros/Cons.
Thanks

Comments

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    makes pretty dam good flames!! i love mine but will really use it this winter and put it to test.

032-2.jpg
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    have one. like it.

depends on your dealer

pros. toasty warm on a cool night, can be used to cook on. makes great s'mores according to others, vastly increases your bge 'cool' level with the neighbors.does not rust and stands up to the elements... other chimneas rust or don't take well to winter... stay tuned for me and the chimnea in the snow later this year...

cons.. sitting in the breezeway warmed by the chimnea results in me being overserved the adult beverages ,,
    clic the pic

th_chimnea034.jpg
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    I've had one for 3 years and can't wait for a cold front to fire mine up. Cons are a fairly small opening and interior. You really need about 1 foot pieces of wood or chunks. Pros are-it's an egg an looks great, get's real, real hot, has a sweet jet engine effect like in Mike's post, and can be used as a grill. I never use mine as a grill, but some do. Scott
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i drop tall stuff straight down the chimney. three foot pieces sticking out the top sometimes....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    that's funny stike. I've packed mine well, but not overflowing! Scott
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    stand up the wood, 18 inches to 24 inches long. better draft.

it's the same ceramic, so there's no real reason not to stand the wood up in the chimney if you need to. i use wood from the yard, and my oak branches don't fall in tidy 12 inch lengths.

th_P5310174.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    I like mine. Could be bigger though.