Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First BGE Thanksgiving

Options
Zeke
Zeke Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
roaster.jpg
<p />I did a roaster and a prime rib for the Thanksgiving meal. Both were excellent. I can't wait for Christmas! I think that I will be doing another prime rib and a mess of ribs. Here Santa - Santa!

Comments

• Zeke
    Options
    pribdone2.jpg
    <p />And the prime rib. Nothing fancy. I did rub the rascal down with crushed peppercorns, Kosher salt, garlic and added a few juniper berries for fun.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,916
    Options
    Zeke, Your presentation looks better than mine did. How did you keep the wings in like that? My bird was laying there all spread eagle-like.
  • Zeke
    Options
    RRP, like you I played the cards I was dealt. I did nothing except coat the bird with olive oil, Tsunami Spin and smoked using a small piece of apple wood. If this makes a difference, the roaster was a Perdue.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Zeke,
    Both look great! How did you time them...did they cook at the same time and temp?[p]QBabe
    :~)

• Zeke
    Options
    QBabe, I did the roaster first because I wanted to have the dogs meal ready for them early so they would not pester us during our dinner. They love chicken. Both were cooked at 350°. The roaster took about 1½ hours and the prime rib was on for almost 2 hours.