Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My First BGE Thanksgiving

ZekeZeke Posts: 90
edited 8:02PM in EggHead Forum
roaster.jpg
<p />I did a roaster and a prime rib for the Thanksgiving meal. Both were excellent. I can't wait for Christmas! I think that I will be doing another prime rib and a mess of ribs. Here Santa - Santa!

Comments

• ZekeZeke Posts: 90
    pribdone2.jpg
    <p />And the prime rib. Nothing fancy. I did rub the rascal down with crushed peppercorns, Kosher salt, garlic and added a few juniper berries for fun.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,815
    Zeke, Your presentation looks better than mine did. How did you keep the wings in like that? My bird was laying there all spread eagle-like.
    L, M, S, &  Mini
    And oh yes...also a 17" BlackStone gas fired griddle! 
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
    RRP, like you I played the cards I was dealt. I did nothing except coat the bird with olive oil, Tsunami Spin and smoked using a small piece of apple wood. If this makes a difference, the roaster was a Perdue.

• QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Zeke,
    Both look great! How did you time them...did they cook at the same time and temp?[p]QBabe
    :~)

QBabe, I did the roaster first because I wanted to have the dogs meal ready for them early so they would not pester us during our dinner. They love chicken. Both were cooked at 350°. The roaster took about 1½ hours and the prime rib was on for almost 2 hours.