Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A pie recipe I'd like to share with you...

Options
The Naked Whiz
The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's no doubt too late for anyone to use this tomorrow, but maybe for Christmas. This is how my mother makes mince pie and what I grew up with. Everyone who has ever tried it has said they had never heard of doing it this way before, so I thought I'd share it with you all since you have shown yourselves as ones who are willing to try something new. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had mince pie like this before:[p]1 Box Nonesuch Dry Mincemeat
1.5 cups water
1 banana
1 apple[p]Reconstitute the mincemeat per the instructions on the box: crumble the mincemeat into the water and heat until boiling. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add 1 diced banana and 1 diced apple. Pour into a pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Top with crumb topping:[p]1/2 Cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded SHARP cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter[p]Mix the first three ingredients, then cut in the cheese and butter. [p]Bake the pie at 425 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz

Comments