Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crab and Shrimp Lasagna

Options
ChefBrian
ChefBrian Posts: 172
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made a nice Lasagna on the egg for some friends last night. Used a pound of crabmeat and two pounds of 90/100 cound shrimp. Fire roasted the zucchini, wild mushrooms, tomatoes and onions and garlic for use as one layer. Crab, Shrimp sauted with fresh basil. Made a Meyer Lemon cream sauce to bind it all together. Topped with fresh Riccota and Smoked Salmon.
2828688590067287234S600x600Q85.jpg
2564876030067287234S600x600Q85.jpg

Sadly it was attacked as soon as it came off the egg so no photos. It set up nicely and was very much enjoyed by all.

Had a few leftovers that would no fit in the lasagna pan. But fit just fine on top of a Boboli-
2165052210067287234S600x600Q85.jpg

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    Options
    Very nice. Its great that the Egg can do more than just BBQ and the fact that it was "Attacked" says it all! :laugh:
  • Rollocks
    Options
    That sounds good. care to post the recipe? I know you listed the ingredients. But what is the sauce you used?
  • ChefBrian
    Options
    I made a Basic white sauce (milk, thickend with roux-butter/flour). Made a reduction after sauteing shallots in white wine,Fresh tyme, oregano and basil. then added fresh lemon juice from meyers lemons. Blended the reduction into the white sauce.
    I was short on sauce so I added a jar of trader joe's alfredo sauce. Could have actually made the whole thing that way.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    That’s pretty decadent, the egg goes high brow. :whistle: I haven't done shrimp on a pizza in sometime; crab never. Something to think about.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    man that is some good looking grub.....

thanks for sharing ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb