Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fatty Advice

Options
civil eggineer
civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to cook my first fatty (2 lbs). I assume indirect, 250 dome temp, until 160 internal temp. Should I place it on a piece of aluminum foil? I would appreciate any tips or suggestions from fatty pros.

Comments

• Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Options
    I am certainly no pro but I have cooked a few fatties that came out well. It sounds like you are on the right track with yours. I would add some smoke and I don't put them on foil. It's good to be able to roll them over on the grill.
    Here's a couple I did over a Corned Beef Brisket.
    PastramiFatties.jpg
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Options
    Yes do 250 for about 3hrs ,dont put on or in drip foil ,put drip pan on plate setter I like Jimmys Dean hot stuffed with what ever you can find ,YOU will love them
    Dave in NW Iowa
  • Ike Witt
    Options
    I used thirdeye's recipe on his site. just put a drip pan under it. What are you using for stuffing. You will really like this, never thought sausage could taste so good.

good luck
    allen

009.jpg
    005.jpg
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I do mine indirect with platesetter legs up, fatty on main grid. 165 internal. Sprinkle DP ragin river.
    Fatty's are the easiest slow cook and results in high levels of yumminess. ;)
  • civil eggineer
    Options
    All I had available was onions, red peppers, and mozzarella cheese. Fatty is now off the grill and waiting to get into my stomach. Thanks for all the replies.