Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Extended grid hardware question

Options
WudEyeDoo
WudEyeDoo Posts: 201
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am making an extended grid for my small egg. In an earlier post, KennyG and YB suggested using stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers. Can anyone tell me if there is a reason NOT to use galvanized instead? I already have galvanized and would have to hunt down the stainless steel stuff.

Comments

• Charcoal Mike
    Options
    WudEyeDoo,[p]I was able to pick up stainless steel hardware for mine out of the specialty drawers at Lowe's. [p]Regarding the galvanized, I think the short version is "don't do it." There are issues regarding food safety and possible poisoning. Here is a link for a search I did on google for alt.food.barbecue. Just the first few hits should make you want to go stainless.[p]- Mike
    [ul][li]Google search results[/ul]
  • WudEyeDoo
    Options
    Charcoal Mike,
    Wow. That's enough for me. Guess I will head for the hardware store. Thanks for the response.