Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

let THEM pull it!

Options
DynaGreaseball
DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally got the formula for getting my wife to really, really love pulled pork. It was just a little 4lb. butt, smoked the same way I always do...JH Pecan, Dizzy Dust, and a little Shakin the Trees; wrapped in double HDAF and two towels for two hours in a cooler.

When I brought it out and unwrapped it, and made ready to pull it all apart, she was standing beside me and she stuck her fork in it and proceded to mange--and mange and mange. Well, she enjoyed finding those great little pockets of moist, tender meat, and she got all the best pieces with the best bark that she wanted.

Her comment to me was...you've come a long way with your egg. Well, I have, but the psychology of it all has been the longest way. She's totally into pulled pork now, as long as she can stand there and pull it and eat it. Know what? It ain't a bad way to go. Kinda like a mini-pig-pickin'