Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vertical chicken roaster....

Options
gwopy
gwopy Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...more like vertical chicken AWESOME!

First time with the little stand. Probably going out for a few more tomorrow.

How many 4-6lbs birds can the large hold?

Hope all is well outside the intertubes!

Comments

• Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    I "converted" from vertical roasting to spatchcock quite some time ago. Obviously, spatchcocking takes more grid space -- but I've never done more than one bird at a time... and, I don't have a large...

Best!

~ Broc

B)
  • Essex County
    Options
    These are probably about 4 pounds each. I could have easily gotten 6 on there. Someone posted a picture a few weeks ago with at least 6 chix being vertically roasted.

105_0509.jpg
  • emilluca
    Options
    I can put 6 beer can chicken [4 lb size] on mine. Place them with the backs to the outside and take the thermometer out of the egg. I can only get about 1.5 inches of the thermometer in the top. I do indirect 350 with a can of dark beer and plate setter with a drip pan of apple juice with apple chips. I use the lemon pepper seasoning from GFS and stick a big shallot in the neck/breast junction to block it and let the beer flavor then inside. It is done in 2 hours and EVERYONE loves it.

E
  • EGGLANDS BEST
    Options
    All though i have only done two whole birds on the BGE and can't say how many it is capable of doing but i have done 4 spachcock birds with the setup i have and all came out great B)