Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING; Mainegg

Options
Ike Witt
Ike Witt Posts: 195
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the hot crash spud link yesterday. Did them last night, def a good recipe

best
allen

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Hey! LOL Thanks, We did them too and I picked up a pizza screen today to try as a pan for them, to crisp the bottom more. my vegi pan is metal with holes punched out of it and is more pan then "screen" I think this will work better. I also added a few cloves of crushed garlic to the Evo that I brushed the potatoes with and that was very good. I think i will add grated parm tonight. I also used a great sea salt I have that has crushed sea weed in it. nice flavor.
  • Ike Witt
    Ike Witt Posts: 195
    Options
    Pizaa screen is a great idea....ditto on the parm.
    best
    allen
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    The pizza screen was perfect! crispy on the top and the bottom. the parm cheese added a good touch too. these will be a regular. I got the pizza screen at a restaurant supply and was cheep. picked one up for the small and the med. 2.50 and 3.50 each. also got a big scoop to scoop lump.