Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

St Louis Ribs 3-1-1 or 3-2-1?

OpusXcellentOpusXcellent Posts: 42
edited 8:20PM in EggHead Forum
I picked up some St Louis style ribs for tomorrow and wondering what would be the better cooking method. I keep reading that 3-1-1 is good for baby backs and the 3-2-1 is good for spare ribs thanks for the help.
·

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    i think an hour in foil is more than enough for either method. usually end up around 45 minutes, myself.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Agreed...two hours would leave you with mush.

My next rib cook's gonna be Carwash Mike's hail mary ribs: No foiling.
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I agree,two hrs is gonna be too long.I did these 3/1/1 and they were pretty darn good :woohoo: Babybacks on the left,St. Louis on the right :)

030-2.jpg

022-6.jpg
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    if i only have a limited amount of time, or am cooking a bunch of ribs for a crowd, i foil. otherwise i ride out the 8 or 9 hours....
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    3-1-1 works good for spare ribs. I tried a longer foil once, went 1&1/2 hours and I got this;
    IMG_5205.jpg
    IMG_5206.jpg
    "Tender Lickin Good", if you want them that way.
    IMG_5210.jpg

Good luck tomorrow!
    ·
  • I'd take'm that way. Tasty lookin'.
    ·