Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

12:59 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and assorted others.

Just at the crack of middle-dark period I was rousted from the comforting confines of the carbon unit recharging station and urged to proceed with deliberate hast to the facility maintenance department where, according to the voices in my head, I was to locate a throne-shaped porcelain item of furniture and ..... WAIT JUST A BASE TIME UNIT!!!!!!. Isn't this the same routine I've been experiencing for many orbits? Of course it is, I answered myself... So why am I now getting instructions via voices in my gray matter? Yes, I inquire of myself, why???

Then it dawned on me, those were not 'voices' but were instead my altered ego trying to take over me. Yes, that had to be the answer to the query I just asked myself. But why, as I continued to probe into the four "W's" of any investigatory exercise: When, Why, What and How much? Suddenly, I was struck with a case of the 'necessary' and proceeded immediately into one of the objects of inquiry, the maintenance facility, where I did exactly as the voices said to do. And suddenly the voices went away and I had a feeling of euphoria due to my successful actions, in spite of 'me' I might add. Management by confusion.

I led myself back from astray and commenced where I usually continue my assigned duties. right here. And from here I proceeded to the food preparation facility where I performed a visual confirmation as to the functioning capabilities of the interior illuminator of the refrigeration unit. Or as carbon units call it, "On." Such primitive creatures these oxygen-using lifeforms are as evidenced by their insistence on using one single verbalization to describe a very complex series of activities that requires and allows the device to be "On."

From there I moved to the external observation portal to confirm security with semi-acting director of security, Rodney Dangerbird. He was at his post but had been rendered powerless when he suddenly erupted in a vocal display of his confused state of mind right there in front of a crowd of me. I did not take kindly his outbursts of crows, obviously directed at me personally. I transferred security command back to Deputy Larry Ropa in spite of my misgivings and his reluctance to take back the responsibility during this frenzy of preparation in anticipation of the big Coop Party. Meanwhile, I left Rodney in a statuerized position until such time as I can make arrangements to return him to the rehab facility. Deputy Ropa informed me that security was tight. Good enough.

I then proceeded to the communications center where I visually intook a number of reports from Eggents throughout the region. Of particular importance was a report from one of the intruders from three dark periods ago, Eggent Lawn Ranger. He was disclosing sensitive information about the Chicken Ranch and it's staff but in a complimentary way. Meanwhile, Eggent Smoking Todd used the Forum to announce his choice of adventures during the October lunar cycle. He selected the Chicken Ranch as his destination and the Coop Party as his reasoning for doing so. Note to file: increase security measures.

While reviewing said reports I also counted the Eggheads not present and accounted for and made note of their absence. Those who were accounted for totaled 16 Members and 131 Guests, but they were laying low and obviously not in a chatty frame of mind. I think that is a good reason for me to return to the recharging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "The Confuseder I'm Here The Longer It Gets" Chicken
Spring Texas USA