Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yummy Spares

Options
Jim R.
Jim R. Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dsc01083-a.jpg
<p />These were very lean trimmed spares that came out like a dream(no nightmare)Did them indirect 5 hours at 240.

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Memory%20Chip.jpg
    <p />Jim:[p]Nothing better than ribs done direct . . . Those look great and I can just feel how easy the knife slices them up. Spares are great, but prices are back down on baby backs . . . My favorite!
    [/b]
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    ribs-UD.jpg
    <p />Hmmmmmmmm! That must have been prior to the membrane being pulled![p]Here is what they looked like with some Dizzy Dust rubbed on them prior to the cook and brushed with maple syrup as the cook completed . . . Ribs . . . Great eating!
    [/b]
  • Darryl-
    Those are rib racks for the smaller baby backs, right?[p]Houndog

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    djm5x9,[p]That Dizzy Dust worked a miricle on those ribs. Before Dizzy Dust they looked more like an IC with the plastic and silicone pulled way back up the metal bones. You should put them together and have a before and after picture that Nature Boy can post on the website. It's amazing. Had anyone else but you claimed that, I would not have believed it!! What a testimonial.[p]Tim -- from Missouri (the show-me state)