Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anyone cooked Kobe Wagyu Beef?

Options
Bootleg
Bootleg Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What can you tell me about it? I received 2 filets, 2 Ribeyes and 2 Sirloins for my big 3-0 Birthday from Allen Bros. and don't want to ruin them. T-Rex? Mustard? No mustard?

Bootleg

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    T-Rex will work great. Please no mustard! If it were me, EVOO, sea salt and fresh pepper....and then soak up the flavor!! You WILL dig it!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Allen Bros. Wagyu? Nice gift!

I would just salt, sear, pepper, and roast. Don't put on too much seasoning to mask that beautiful beef.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    WOW very nice birthday present!! I would just very lightly evo, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. I might even cut a garlic clove and just rub lightly over before tossing on the fire. Enjoy! WOW what will your 50'th get ya? LOL
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Wow, one of those CRAZY circumstances. I had just looked at this post, decided I didnt have anything worth contributing (& still might not), and as I was about to hit "return to index" Alton Brown blurted out from the TV tuned into "Iron Chef",....."Chef Morimoto is trimming some Wagyu Beef". I never even heard of this stuff until just now.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Pinch of sea salt,a (little) FRESH cracked pepper,RARE-ORGASMIC!!!