Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Salmon Spread

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I recently used the BGE to make a great salmon spread.[p]Here is the original recipe for the salmon spread.....I will tell you what I did differently in a bit ----

Salmon Spread

2 cans pink salmon (drained & deboned)
1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese
6 green onions (chopped finely)
2 tsp horseradish
1 tsp salt
1 tsp liquid smoke

Mix all ingredients together. Excellent spread for crackers.

When I made it, I used fresh salmon (about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 lbs) that I cooked in my Big Green Egg with Alderwood smoke chips and refrigerated overnight. I did not add any liquid smoke to mine because the salmon already had a smoky flavor. In addition, I seasoned my salmon with several things before I cooked it. As I recall, I put on some Cajun Seasoning (lightly), some McCormick "Monterey" Spice Blends (lightly), some Lemon-Pepper (quite a bit), and a little dried dill.

With the amount of salmon I had, I used 2 - 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese. I used my electric mixer to mix it all up cause it was hard to do by hand.

I would tell you that if I was making it with canned salmon, I would season it to taste and add the liquid smoke. But a BGE owner has the advantage of being able to use fresh salmon.

I think it will be good either way, but when I cook the salmon in my BGE, I get to eat some of the thick end of the filet for supper and then I can make the spread the next day. The salmon filet that I cooked weighed almost 3 pounds. It was good both times.[p]Let me know if you like it![p]Greenacres