Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cobbler---not peach

Options
ric3677
ric3677 Posts: 278
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, most of you are from way out east and south of Montana. Peaches are in abundance I am sure. But what I have in the yard is a big patch of rhubarb and it needs to be used.

I can use the same batter but what do some of you put with the rhubarb?

thanks, and have a great day....Rick

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    Around here, we see rhubarb mixed with strawberries, and they make jams and pies. A friend of mine from Minnesota makes pure rhubarb pie that is "out of this world". It takes a lot of sugar to make it taste right, cuz it's so sour and tart. I bet a pure rhubarb cobler would be incredible with a little experimentation.

While these won't use up a yard-full of the stuff, here's one of my experiments using puff pastry, strawberries and rhubarb. I think they call this a Voul-au-Vent.

Voul-au-vent.jpg

Voul-au-vent1.jpg

Please take pix whatever you do with it.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is a quick 20 for you

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=rhubarb

but here is a eggin recepie for you

Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb

Fresh rhubarb in the stores reminded me of my grandmother's strawberry rhubarb pie.I don't have her recipe. I Googled and found the site below. I couldn't decide between two that I liked, so I combined them. Here is the result.

INGREDIENTS:
    1 unbaked pastry for 9" pie
    3 stalks fresh rhubarb, cut into 1" pieces
    4 cups fresh strawberries, halved
    1 1/2 Tbs fresh orange zest
    2 cups Splenda
    1/2 cup flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp fresh ground cloves
    2 Tbs butter

Procedure:
    1 Combine the strawberries, rhubarb and orange zest in a large bowl.
    2 Combine the dry ingredients in small bowl and mix well. Add dry ingredients to the fruit and mix well.
    3 Pour into a 9" uncooked pie crust.
    4 Dot top with butter.
    5 Stabilize Egg at 375°F, indirect. Place pie on grid extender and bake for 1 1/4 hours.
    6 DD

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Author: http://www.rhubarbinfo.com/recipe-pie.htmlcipe-pie.html

Source: BGE Forum, DobieDad, 07/08/07

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Options
    My wife uses blueberries and apples to mix with the rhubarb
    Gerry
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's effort...even I can use Google. LOL. I was hoping someone had an egg receipe.
    I went and printed off one of the nicer ones and I will tranfer it to eggin.
    Hope this turns out.
    My oldest son and his wife are in the State now..all the way from California.
    Ribs, corn on the cob with a twist, Spuds made up with parts of Grandpa..(kent) and parts of an old one I used to do.
    and this marvelous desert.
    Pics to follow.
    Rick