Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket, Wings, Stuffed Tostito\'s & tater\'s

MeatosBanditosMeatosBanditos Posts: 259
edited 1:18AM in EggHead Forum
A lot of Egg food this weekend...

Early Saturday morning at about 1:45AM I placed a 10.5lb whole brisket on the egg. It cooked faster than I was hoping, ending around noon, but I wrapped it well and threw it in the cooler to save for dinner.

In addition to that, I cooked some Wings on the egg, after they cooked I poured buffalo sauce on them. Some one recently posted stuffed tostito's on the forum, so I tried those as well and had some left over meat to stuff some potatoes. In all, there were probably 50 of the stuffed tostitos, I took most of them off and the extended rack before the picture.

I did not get a picture of the asparagus I cooked or the pineapple. For the whole meal, all but one item was done on the egg to cook for 9 guests. Couldn't be happier with my egg and digiQ.
B)

P7260003small.jpg

IMG_0408small.jpg

P7260007small.jpg

P7260004small.jpg

Comments

• Nice
  • crawdadcrawdad Posts: 115
    That brisket looks tender and delicious. I've got to try those stuffed Tostito's one of these days.
  • run4jcrun4jc Posts: 107
    Man, that brisket looks amazing. Major good eats. Was it as tender as it looks?
  • Thanks! It was great, there wasn't a single piece left over after the guests had some. Very tender indeed. I left it in the cooler for 5 hours, then sliced it up and brushed some CowTown BBQ sauce on it. Then let it sit in a hot oven (cooling down from baked potatoes) until the rest of the food was ready.