Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Thermopen Tale

Options
Ar-Cee
Ar-Cee Posts: 105
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Three days ago I had just finished a BGE cook (some Country Ribs), meat went into the house, basic tool clean up, and back in to check on some sides. About that time another unplanned thunderstorm started. Okay, I did my pickup, I am sure everything is inside. Wrong. Wednesday afternoon I went out back to the patio area and there it was. My Thermopen was temp screen up still with water in the screen where it had been sitting in the pan while the 98 degree sun was simmering it for me. I picked it up and saw water in the screen. I opened it and got a low battery flashing message. The big lable that says don't imerse in water was staring at me. Toast right? I popped the battery and called Thermopen. When I got on with a tech, it took her less than 5 minutes to talk me through the disassembly and drying methods that could be employed to "recover" my thermopen. I followed her instructions and in about an hour, my thermopen was back in full operation. I want to thank the thermopen folks for a GREAT product that will even allow some "grace" to a guy that will sink it in rainwater, then let the sun cook it, then want to use it again. Best money I have spent lately. thanks rc

Comments