Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping--grillmama

Options
Buckdodger
Buckdodger Posts: 957
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pls post ur ABT recipe...I read it a while back and have lost it in the cobwebs of my mind. Thanks.
Bob aka Buckdodger

Opelika, Alabama

Comments

• Grillmama
    Grillmama Posts: 194
    Options
    Thanks for asking, but I cannot take credit for the original idea. There are many versions out there.

The last batch I made were:

Jalapenos halved and cleaned of membrane and seeds.

I dried them. I sprinkled crushed garlic and shallots on the inside. I cut genoa salame in half and folded the half inside the jalapeno.

I then put creme cheese on top of the salame. The creme cheese kinda molds inside the jalapeno. I wrapped the stuffed jalapeno with a bacon strip. Cooked indirect at 350 ish for about 45min to an hour. Until the bacon is crisp.

The batch I made today, will post pics when they come off the egg. Same technique but the husband wanted pepperoni instead of genoa salame, and he wanted Monterey Jack with Jalapeno cheese instead of creme cheese. I wrapped with thick cut bacon because that was all I had. So I suspect the cooking time will take longer.

Post your pictures! Good luck :)
  • Grillmama
    Options
    I just peeked at the batch on now, I am not sure whether the Monterey Jack cheese was such a good idea, melted cheese is running out of the jalapenos. Will have to wait and update later as to how they taste.

:unsure:
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Thank you Ma'am for the quick reply. My son is coming up this week-end with his family and I wanted to give him a treat for a snack. He is also computer literate and I am going to force him to help me figure out how to post pics. I am a dummy when it comes to computer languge. Thanks.
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • Grillmama
    Options
    Your son should love them. My step-son was here two days ago and ate the last of my first batch. He said "jeez, these are good!" score one for the step-mom! :lol:

Posting pics is not hard just follow the directions that have been posted or I think they are in the FAQ's section in the help tab above.

If I can do it anybody can. :ohmy:

Where is Alex City, Al.?
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Alex City is NE of Montgomery about 50 miles and about 65 miles SE of Birmingham. Actual name is Alexander City. We live outside the city limits in the country, actually on Lake Martin. We are both retired and love having the kids up to enjoy our modest place on the lake and Grandpa's Q'in on the BGE.
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama