Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baked taters with baby back ribs

Options
Birdman
Birdman Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll be cooking baby back ribs, drinking beer & watching football (not necessarily in that order). I'm cooking the ribs on a rack at about 250 degrees (3-1.5-1 method). The rib rack has prongs on which I'll impale a couple of foil wrapped russett potatoes. I usually cook taters at a much hightr temp; how long should they take to cook this way?

Comments

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    birdman,[p]I tried some large Russetts last week on the BGE while smoking some ribs b/w 250 and 260. The spuds were ready to after 2¼ hours.

• EdF
    EdF Posts: 42
    Options
    birdman,[p]When I'm doing a cook at that temp, I just puncture the taters a couple times with a fork, and put them unwrapped along the outside of the grid for about an hour and a half to two hours. Corn in the husks with some butter inside for maybe 45 minutes.[p]- Ed