Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lowest temp

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what is the lowest temp to safely cook a boston butt

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    bill moren,
    When I was cooking in steel, I tried to maintain a cooker temp of 220 to 230º. With my Egg, I find it's most comfortable in the 250 to 260º range. Either way, I want an internal temp of 190 to 200º if I'm going to pull it. I get a more consistenly moist and juicy result with the Egg.

• Joel Ferman
    Options
    bill moren,
    I cook my pulled pork @ 200 degrees and proceed to cook the pork until the two temps meet. Comes out great everytime, however you must be extremly patient.
    -Joel

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    bill moren, sinc ethe dome temeprature has been shown to be a little above (5-15 degrees depending on who measures) the grill level temperature, I wouldbe wary of trying to cook a Boston Butt any lower than 225. Personally, I have gone the route of cooking at the 240-250 level and find it holds well and seems to cook in a reasonable time(2 hours/LB).