Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4.25" Hinge clearance

Options
BeerBQ
BeerBQ Posts: 119
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is that an accurate height clearance between the hinge when open to the egg table? Measuring from the very top of the bottom section to the top of the table. This table is driving me insane. I just want to cook.

Comments

• BoneDaddy's
    BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
    Options
    just measure the distance with the lid open....I think most plans say the bottom table should be 17", then you add a paver to raise the egg a bit.
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    The easiest way is to figure out how thick of a paver stone you will use, then when the egg is on the paver, and the egg is open, what is the distance from the bottom of the hinge to the bottom of the paver stone. Add at least a half inch and that is distance you will need from the topside of the shelf your egg will sit on to the top of the table. YOu may want to use the green fett for some air flow between egg and paver. Check out Naked Whiz's site for scorched and burnt tables that used paver stones with no feet.