Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My butt is cold today!!! What should I do??

Options
Dutch
Dutch Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I smoked 2 - 8lb butts to perfection for the weekend. I pulled one of the butts and every one at the BBQ said it was the best pulled pork they ever had. Went home for lunch today, and started slicing the second butt that had been in the fridge for two days. Had myself a sliced pork sandwich. The meat is very tender. Question; In order to pull this butt I will have to reheat it. For how long, at what temperature, and where-oven or egg. Should I have pulled both butts when I first took them off the egg? Thanks, Dutch

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Dutch, I would heat it up in the oven - nothing i sreally gained at this point by using the egg. It's already worke dits magic. Wrap it tightly in foil and place in a 300 degree oven. You're only trying to get the meat warm enough so that the congealed juices start flowing. If you can get it up to about 140 you're fine. If you get it much hotter you'll just have to let it cool before pulling. And yes, you probably should have pulled it with the other one but if you had done that you probably would have already eaten it.