Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unbelievable Brisket - Believe it!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After having tried steaks, pork tenderloins and hamburgers, I decided to venture into the big meats. Today on Labor Day, I decided to go for it and put a 5lb. brisket on the Large Egg.[p]I used the "Unbelievable Brisket" recipe in the BGE cookbook with some minor adjustments.[p]First - I had to double the recipe for the marinade.
Second - I used 2Tbs. of Tabasco instead of a generic pepper sauce.
Third - I cooked the brisket for 8 hours at 280 degrees (dome) pouring the remaining marinade over the brisket at hour 6.[p]Results? Wow!!! It was great! I loved it, my wife loved it, the kids loved it and the last minute guests who celebrated my first brisket loved it. It had a nice bite, just spicy enough but not too spicy. Awesome bark - very peppery and flavorful.[p]And it was tender, parts could be cut with a fork and some with easy knife use. I highly recommend! Go for it!!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Ooooopppps... Nimble fingers just ain't so nimble anymore.[p]I just wanted to say congratulations on your brisket. Most folks are satisfied with those briskets you get at BBQ joints because they cover it with a heavy layer of sauce. If the sauce is good they like the BBQ. If the sauce is so so they dislike the BBQ. It doesn't matter that the meat feels and tastes like cardboard. But when you take a brisket off the Egg and it comes out like yours, you KNOW you did good and the brisket is enough to brag about without the sauce.[p]Feels great doesn't it?[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA