Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

2 Butts & a Brisket

SWOkla-JerrySWOkla-Jerry Posts: 639
edited 5:53PM in EggHead Forum
Thinking about this cook tomorrow nite. On my XL w/adj rig, how should I stack this in there. Butts on top, or all 3 on raised grid? Brisket is 14# packer and 2 butts from Sam's I havent bought yet. Normally they are about 15-16# total. Will cook overnite, indirect with Guru temp set at 250 dome. Suggestions?

Comments

• Michael BMichael B Posts: 986
    I wouldn't eat a brisket that had pork fat dripping on it. I'd put the brisket over the butts.
  • SlotmercenarySlotmercenary Posts: 1,071
    why would you not eat a brisket with pork fat dripping on it? what is the difference between that and putting a layer of bacon on a small flat to keep it from drying out??
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    There is a difference in mouth feel with fresh pork fat vs bacon. Bacon is a cured product and will weep flavors vs render fat from a butt.
    I agree place the brisket on the top and butts under.
    E