Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:57 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those with no Egg to watch at 2:00 AM.

No emergency, at least not in a plumbing sense. Instead, I am enjoying the night air due to a premature brisket. I had placed it upon the Big Green Egg warming device two time markers after the noon food intake ritual. It was supposed to be ready for removal sometime after dawn makes a little bitty crack, but noooooo, it decided to hasten its departure from the Egg by 3/24ths of a dark/light time period. I'm in waiting mode now for that last marker to be reached on the warming scale. Then I shall bundle said brisket in a lightweight heat-retention shielding device, cloak it with another layer of plant-fiber based product and then deposit the entire package into a waiting holding tank where the heat and moisture impregnated brisket will continue to improve its potential performance until the scheduled test period.

Meanwhile, I installed my uniform in order to perform my regularly assigned duties. Among them is confirming the illumination properties of the interior lighting device on the refrigeration unit. Works.

Also, being as though I spent a bit of time in the Coop, I have had ample time to discuss a variety of security and non security matters with Rodney Dangerbird, our resident security guru. He sure crows a lot when there's someone to listen to him. I just let most of it go in one sound-intake portal and out the other, but I must admit that he had some good points to ponder. For example, he pointed out that Miss Mona had been taking a correspondence course in party-hosting in order to boost her chances of being named Hostess With The Mostess for the upcoming Coop Party. I suppose that has to count for something and I will consider it when making the final decision.

He also suggested that perhaps I should re-think the timing of the heating window when I next decided to warm a animal body part so as to avoid having to detach myself from the recharging station multiple times. He even offered to monitor the electronic gadgets attached to the Egg and carbon tissue being warmed and alert me himself should attention be desired. That's a thought. Something else to consider.

I left him to himself while I re-entered the main abode to check the Forum in order to save an undetermined amount of time in the immediate future. While in route I took the liberty of visiting the facility maintenance room and pulling the biofluid pressure release lever. This was an action to prevent a later action.

The Forum was found to be in Virtual Stall mode. Apparently the 6 Members and 111 Guests who were milling about were content with milling about. I think that is reason enough for me to return to the Coop, unhook and cloak the brisket in protective gear and place in hibernation. Then I can return myself to the recharging station and obtain the necessary power to present a good showing during my visit to multiple medical practitioner's during the early light period.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Color Me Down And Out" Chicken
Spring Texas USA