Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Sardines!!

Ca_rnivoreCa_rnivore Posts: 120
edited 10:00AM in EggHead Forum
Howdy All,[p]I found a fabulous fish market in Monterey on my recent annual pilgrimage to the Pacific ocean. The fish was really fresh. I was eating some grilled sanddabs, and watching the fishermen bring their catch straight from the boat right into the back of the market![p]Anyway, on the last day of the trip I went back to the market and loaded up on fresh tuna, shark, clams, and crabs. While I was there, the fishmonger brought in a big bucket full of sardines. I remembered seeing a recipe for grilled sardines in one of my books, so I bought a dozen. [p]Tonight, I grilled the little buggers and they were EXCELLENT. I cleaned them, patted them dry and salted them. After about 45 minutes, I rinsed the salt off and dried them again. I brushed them with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned them with mignonette pepper (black and white pepper and ground coriander). I then grilled them direct on a raised grill for about 4-5 minutes per side at 500 degrees. [p]Man, Oh Man! The fresh sardines sure beat the pants off of the canned variety.[p]Happy Labor Day![p]--Kevin
·