Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Sardines!!

Options
Ca_rnivore
Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy All,[p]I found a fabulous fish market in Monterey on my recent annual pilgrimage to the Pacific ocean. The fish was really fresh. I was eating some grilled sanddabs, and watching the fishermen bring their catch straight from the boat right into the back of the market![p]Anyway, on the last day of the trip I went back to the market and loaded up on fresh tuna, shark, clams, and crabs. While I was there, the fishmonger brought in a big bucket full of sardines. I remembered seeing a recipe for grilled sardines in one of my books, so I bought a dozen. [p]Tonight, I grilled the little buggers and they were EXCELLENT. I cleaned them, patted them dry and salted them. After about 45 minutes, I rinsed the salt off and dried them again. I brushed them with extra virgin olive oil and seasoned them with mignonette pepper (black and white pepper and ground coriander). I then grilled them direct on a raised grill for about 4-5 minutes per side at 500 degrees. [p]Man, Oh Man! The fresh sardines sure beat the pants off of the canned variety.[p]Happy Labor Day![p]--Kevin