Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork Shoulders start to finish

Fireball IIFireball II Posts: 213
edited 4:31PM in EggHead Forum
Last night applied rub & In the frig for a good night sleep
Seasoningon.jpg

6:30AM Put these babies on!
630AM.jpg
Temp
buttcook2002.jpg

Egg shade Hot in Arkansas
buttcook2001.jpg

The real deal, Done!! 12:59 Hours
buttcook2010.jpg

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks great now try not to open that cooler they are sitting in for a couple hours!!! this is the worst time for me i have to hide the cooler from myself :( :whistle: :evil:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• kolbdriverkolbdriver Posts: 403
    Boy Those sure look good. You know I am not all that far away from you if you need help consuming them..
  • Fireball IIFireball II Posts: 213
    These are going to family reunion tomorrow in Hot Springs AR. Come on down!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Awesome. THe "Lite" looks good also.
    I got family in Hot springs also.. I know you will have a great time and sure looks like good food also.
    I want to pull the pork apart tonight I have a 4 hour drive tomorrow. Think that OK?
    Going to Mountain Harbor Resort
    Thanks, the meat taste awesome, my sptula happen to have some of the cook meat on it, darn
    Oh man yea that's really a nice place. Enjoy
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    My wife's family is from Hope (she's a distant cousin of you-know-who from Hope). Is that close enough (to get some of that pork)? Oh well, too many thousands of miles between you and us. Looks great, though!
    Thanks, I know who i am glad they will not be be in the Big White House selling one night stands!
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Nice job! There should be some happy folks tomorrow!
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    pull tonight and freeze and then instead of transporting cold meat you will be transporting "Really Cold" meat you can transport in a cooler and still stay below the 40 degree mark... when you get there reconstitute {sp} with a little coke classic (it works the best)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Thanks BENTE. This is an awesome group. Be OT tomorrow have a great weekend. Great food and better cooks on the eggs.
    Thanks Man!
    Have a great weekend.
    We have a 17 year tradition going.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,742
    Fireball II,

Nice loking butts, It's been a while since I have done one and you just talked me into doing one on the weekend.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Good luck this weekend, great cooking let see the pics.
  • dls2122dls2122 Posts: 66
    Good Morning. Can I ask the size of the butts? They look great!