Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Chops! Thanks Steve-O, Blue Smoke, and Stogie

Rib-RobRib-Rob Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I used Steve-O's "Perfect" Smoked/Grilled Pork Chops basic recipe of 8/30, Blue Smoke's E-Z Life rub and Stogies brining suggestion. It is well into the "Oh-My Goodness!" category.
I power-brined boneless chops (Used a vacuum sealer container with the standard 1 gallon water/1 cup koshed salt/1 cup brown sugar ratio) for an hour or two. Sprinkled some of Blue Smoke's excellent rub, followed Stev-O's time/temp/ smoke suggestion. Only modification was to put it back on for a 'nother couple of minutes to get it to my specs. Original cook was a 2 minute first side, 3 minute second and 5 minute dwell.
NEVER had anything like this in a restaurant. Not even close. We-all be on to something here with this Egg thing.