Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Today butts for tomorrow family reunion

Fireball IIFireball II Posts: 213
edited 10:23AM in EggHead Forum
Here some pics of the pork shoulders I put on this morning at 6:30 am. Temp is at 172* currently.

Getting ready to put the rub on last night.
6PM.jpg

The rub is on and back to the frir for a good night sleep!
Seasoningon.jpg

Fire is ready and put the on at 6:30 AM.
630AM.jpg

Egg Shade
buttcook2001.jpggg Shade.

Cooking Temp.
buttcook2002.jpg

They have both slowed down all most stuck at 172* & 174*

Will post finished butts- JD

Comments

• BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looking good....
    I'm sure you already realize it, but those puppies are at the "plateau" right now, and will break loose towards 200deg in due time.
  • Fireball IIFireball II Posts: 213
    Thanks, I know, I did not think they were ever going plateau, but that just me.
    Gonna pull it tonight and rewarm tommorow? What kind of sauce will you use?
    I plan on pulling them off tonight and wrapping in al for 3 hours. Finish pulling the pork apart tonight and back into al pan. Then reheating tomorrow. Have a 4 hour drive. I leave the sauce off until serving use Rendezvou sauce from Memphis.
    Ron, Tmp has goe from 172* to 184* on the large one and 174* to 181* on the small butt in the last two hours. Seem to be going well.-JD
    Ron, Temp has gone from 172* to 184* on the large one and 174* to 181* on the small butt in the last two hours. Seem to be going well.-JD
    Dont forget updated pics....... ;)
    Ron I am at 190* on both plan on pulling at 195*. Lots of friends stopping by, they want to eat tonight, sorry charlie :P blood is thicker than water. My adult beverage cooler is getting low!
    How is it when we cook on the EGG everybody show up?
  • hdriderhdrider Posts: 32
    Are you going to put the butts in the fridge until you need them tomorrow? If yes, are they as good the next day and do they lose any moisture?
    I have done this several times if you get a good seal they are no differenl to me. JD