Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1:35 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those less skilled in the exercise of good taste.

As part of my on-going 'Getting to Know Earth' mission, I just happened to studying "Good Drainage Is Really, Really Important" by Geaux W. T. Fleaux, when the plumbing alert went off. Talk about coincidental timing... I dropped the book and immediately took off at a quick-paced mosey in the direction of the maintenance facility. During the next few base time units I combined what I had learned about liquids during my long assignment to this planet with what Fleaux said in his writings. In both instances, gravity is a key player, but only after exiting the container in which the liquid resides until released.

Fleaux's approach is to keep the process simple, possibly because he is a naturalist and prefers the outside to the inside. He specifically points out that the direction of biofluid release is unimportant unless there is one or more respected humanoids in the projected path of the released fluid. A tree, bush, rock, cat or other item can serve as a target when one is desired. Otherwise just let fly... He also advises to follow certain unwritten rules pertaining to eye movement in the direction of other fan's equipment while at a NASCAR track's maintenance facility. I would certainly think so. He goes on to state that immediate follow-up hygiene can be delayed and accomplished harmoniously with the daily or bi-weekly bath or shower ritual, thereby saving both time and hydrogen/oxygen mix.

Not on my Ranch!!!

Needless to say, Fleaux's book will no longer be used for reference but will be used instead to help fire up Big Green Eggs while I continue the practice what I learned at a very early age and came to appreciate throughout my Earthly assignment. Well except for that disgusting period on the bovine and bushes farm where lifeform debris was discarded into a large smelly pit beneath a very small out-building. It was then that I recognized that some things in life are simply better than others.

The record will show that I responded to the plumbing emergency with my usual flare and accomplished it with no loss of bio-fluid into the surrounding space.

I then led myself to the food preparation area and checked the refrigerator lamp. There was some concern resulting from a momentary surge of electrical power during the light period. However, the refrigeration unit has a built-in recovery feature for such events, provided the recovery is brief. Otherwise, there is a window of time during which degradation of the chilled items begins to effect quality and we must attempt to convert said chilled items to nourishment as quickly as possible. But this time there was no loss of chilled air and therefore no degradation. I tested a rice pudding to make certain.

A glance through the external perimeter viewing portal disclosed that Rodney Dangerbird was conducting yet another class. This time he was explaining why there were some major interior layout changes going on at The Coop. They necessitated the relocation of the silver, gas operated heating device that has only served to store various Big Green Egg accessory components, namely heavy iron items, until those components are needed. The silver, gas operated cooking device had not been utilized for its intended purpose in three or more Earth Orbits. Therefore, it was removed to the outside and in its place there will be constructed a device specifically designed to house said accessories, along with other items of interest. This device will be constructed by yours truly upon successful completion of my keel repairs later this lunar period.

Rodney saw me and waved the signal that all was well security wise.

I then proceeded to the Intergalactic Communications Center to check the Forum for activity. The first report I saw that caught my visualizers was the announcement that Dizzy Pig had won Grand Champion at Wildwood, NJ. A moment of joy raced through my framework and I smiled.

Although there were 14 Members and 113 Guests e-milling about, activity at this hour was almost non-existent, apparently because of the previous, exceptionally busy, two-light periods where many Eggents successfully disposed of a wide range of deceased lower lifeforms. The lack of activity is sufficient reason for me to do same and I will therefore return to the charging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Some Days Are Just Better Than Others" Chicken
Spring Texas USA