Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

House of Faulkner Lemon Pepper Hot Wings

run4jc
run4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Many thanks to whoever the user is who posted the recipe for these amazing wings. Followed the link to houseoffaulkner.com and pulled up the recipe for the Lemon Pepper Hot Wings. Wow. Am I glad I did.

Slight change from the recipe – I put the wings in a cooler filled with a mild salt water brine and ice overnight.

796f914f.jpg

Apple Cider vinegar, salt and fresh black pepper per the recipe, on a turkey cooker burner waiting to boil

f0c2c4d2.jpg

As Alton Brown would say, “Boilage!”

ef96b180.jpg

Here’s the wings boiling – what a great aroma! I noticed, too, that this seemed to remove a lot of the fat.

df2d338e.jpg

Another view of the wings boiling..

c19c10c3.jpg

Chosen tools – lemon pepper, course ground Malabar pepper, kosher salt and hot sauce

c5eeeab0.jpg

Apply the hot sauce

cf6b5051.jpg

Add the lemon pepper, pepper and salt

eef138ab.jpg

Dome at 275

a2b57e81.jpg

Loaded up and cooking -

7b71c790.jpg

A little smoke action makes ‘em better….

c41d70e1.jpg

Halfway through the cook – spraying with apple juice/cider every 30 minutes

5590c161.jpg

Done and ready for consumption

7ea5153c.jpg

Crispy and tasty. Just the right amount of heat, salty and nice hint of citrus from the lemon pepper.

d397ffbd.jpg

Bittersweet – served some of the smoked pork shoulder from yesterday alongside these wings – the pork was great, but the hit was these wings! Everyone said that they were ‘better than the pork!’

If you haven’t tried this recipe, you really should. A little bit of work, but well worth it.

http://houseoffaulkner.com/wings.html

Comments

• Looks great i will have to try this one oh can you tell me where you bought the course ground Malabar pepper from thanks in advance
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    looks great thanks for the pictures ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• ViennaJack
    ViennaJack Posts: 357
    They look insane! I think I could smell them cooking over here by NFCU...
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    ditto this recipe run...I have posted many times about how good this one was..wasn't sure if anyone else had tried it or not....very good wings and great photos..thx for sharing!
  • run4jc
    Costco - and the lemon pepper. They have large containers of some pretty good (and seemingly fresh) spices - good when you are mixing up a batch of rub!
  • run4jc
    Got leftovers...come on over

;)

We're fairly new to this area - NFCU? Where's that?
  • run4jc
    I think it may have been one of your posts that led me to them - I've been searching for the post - it included a link to the site with the recipe.

Man, those wings are unbelievable. Some of the best flavor ever - just the right amount of heat. My daughter is in the kitchen right now getting ready to have another serving for dinner. I'm still full from lunch!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Now you're talking... I've had some wings somewhere that I thought had a touch of vinegar in them. And I know they were fried first. I loved them. Now you've got my brain just 'a working... I WILL definitely try me some of these, maybe this week.

Thanks for posting your approach to them.

Spring "Wangs And Thangs" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    You can blame this guy for that recipe:

BigAl%20with%20filets.JPG

He's cooking filets in this pic, but that's my dad who has cooked wings the way you very beautifully described since I was barely able to walk, much less fire up an Egg. I grew up eating wings this way off our old built-in gasser in Augusta, and we've since upgraded the recipe for the Egg.

My dad and I cooked these at last year's Eggtoberfest, although we got sidetracked with tasting other peoples' food and dried them out a bit. His coleslaw made up for it, though.

eggfest_trexes1_web.jpg

Glad you liked them and GREAT picturementary!

jason
  • ViennaJack
    ViennaJack Posts: 357
    run4jc wrote:
    Got leftovers...come on over

;)

We're fairly new to this area - NFCU? Where's that?

Navy Federal Credit Union HQ, about 1.5 miles south of Tysons and just east of the Vienna line.
  • run4jc
    You could smell them - I live at the corner of Electric Avenue and Cedar. Navy Federal is a hop and a skip...
  • run4jc
    Thank you and your Dad for the recipe! Best wings I, or my family, ever ate.

Next it's time to TRex a steak!
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    What kind of wood did you use?
  • run4jc
    A mix of apple and hickory - to be honest, that was already mixed in the lump from a pork shoulder cook a day before.....

Mostly apple.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    After looking at those pics I am doing those this weekend....no doubt about it... B)
  • run4jc
    Lawrenceville - my, the memories. I live in Northern Virginia now, but up until a year ago I lived in Hamilton Mill - right up the road. Hope all is well back in GA - you'll love the wings! They are addictive! TRex says you can't eat less than 10 - that's a fact!
  • HungryNephew
    HungryNephew Posts: 267
    I made a batch last night. I only had 2 hours to cook so I bumped up the temp for the last half hour. They were awesome! There are some sitting in the fridge here at work waiting for me for lunch!