Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Awesome Loin - Thanks TNW - Toad!!

Toe 49Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I decided to get creative and did my version of a "stuffed" pork loin.....using the wisdom (or should I say Whiz-dom) of Toad and Naked Whiz. Cut the 2.733 loin in half, layer of "Old Cape Cod Cranberry BBQ/Grill" sauce, sprinkled on chipotle pepper, dried apples, cashews (another story about pronunciation for another time), more cranberry sauce/chipotle/apple and cashews. Folded the pork over like a "samich"....wrapped in bacon and tied the sucker up. I cooked at 350 for 2 hours exactly.......awesome!! All the flavors pulled through.....wife and son really liked it (loved it I hope) but it was the reaction of out newest neighborhood family that really made me smile!! I had just pulled the loin off the grill and was letting it sit for a few minutes.....they got the first sample and seemed in awe. [p]3 things I'd do different........1) Crush the cashews rather than leave whole/halved. 2) Tie tighter......was a little "loose" and messy when I sliced it. 3) Eat dinner first before raving about the BGE. I think I met the newest BGE owner.....[p]Last thing.....I took the easy way out, but while the BGE was "shut down", I popped open a package of Pillsbury "Grands".....tossed some cornmeal on my pizza stone, basted in butter and sprinkled on some garlic powder. This, with the corn in/on the cob, fresh back yard green beans and the potato salad my wife made.....totally delish!!