Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awesome Loin - Thanks TNW - Toad!!

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I decided to get creative and did my version of a "stuffed" pork loin.....using the wisdom (or should I say Whiz-dom) of Toad and Naked Whiz. Cut the 2.733 loin in half, layer of "Old Cape Cod Cranberry BBQ/Grill" sauce, sprinkled on chipotle pepper, dried apples, cashews (another story about pronunciation for another time), more cranberry sauce/chipotle/apple and cashews. Folded the pork over like a "samich"....wrapped in bacon and tied the sucker up. I cooked at 350 for 2 hours exactly.......awesome!! All the flavors pulled through.....wife and son really liked it (loved it I hope) but it was the reaction of out newest neighborhood family that really made me smile!! I had just pulled the loin off the grill and was letting it sit for a few minutes.....they got the first sample and seemed in awe. [p]3 things I'd do different........1) Crush the cashews rather than leave whole/halved. 2) Tie tighter......was a little "loose" and messy when I sliced it. 3) Eat dinner first before raving about the BGE. I think I met the newest BGE owner.....[p]Last thing.....I took the easy way out, but while the BGE was "shut down", I popped open a package of Pillsbury "Grands".....tossed some cornmeal on my pizza stone, basted in butter and sprinkled on some garlic powder. This, with the corn in/on the cob, fresh back yard green beans and the potato salad my wife made.....totally delish!!