Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mickey T's rings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got a set of rings from mickey T, cannot wait to try em out this weekend. Any hints, pointers from youse guys and gals who already have them. Thanks.

Comments

• Harry
    Harry Posts: 58
    Options
    slicktop,
    I'm doing my first butt with Mickey's rings as we speak. Mickey's "instructions" to me via e-mail were as follows:[p]Fill the firebox to the top almost so the grill is setting on the lump. Have your setup all ready. Fire bricks, v-rack, aluminum pan, or whatever you are using. Open the bottom all the way. Light your lump and put a #8 on. When your temp gets to 150 or so then throw the butt on and replace the # 8 with a 5 or so. Watch as your temp creeps up to your desired 220. If it is creeping too fast then switch to a smaller ring until it stabilizes at 220. Once that's is done go to bed or whatever you were going to do. My biggest thing on over nighters is to have that BGE rock solid at what ever temp it is 220 or 230. Whatever. Do jot leave the scene if it is not. You should have it set and come back in 2 hours and it should be exactly the same.[p]Mine has been on since 2:00 yesterday and is doing well. Mickey's rings are making it much easier. Let us know how it goes.[p]Harry

• slicktop,[p]i think it would be nice of you to let me borrow those rings and try them out!!!!