Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill extender and brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to cook two brisket flats tomorrow morning and was hoping that I could do both in my large BGE. I will be cooking hot at 325 with the plate setter and a drip pan. I did this last time with great success on a single brisket, but now I would like to use the grill extender for the second brisket. Will this work OK for cooking hot? Any recommendations? Thanks for the input!

Duane

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    It will work!!

though IMHO the longer low and slow cook produces a better product. By we all know what opinions are like.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    The one on top will cook quicker, you might want to rotate at some point.
    325, I still like 225 but if that works for you, great!

Mike
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will give it a try with the extender. I know that hot and fast goes against the grain, but I find I get great results on flats and I can cook when I otherwise would not have time. I just got home from work at 6:20, my egg is warming up now and I will have a delicious and moist brisket ready in time for lunch. I still cook whole packers low and slow, but I actually think I get better results cooking flats with this method. My last cook was a single brisket flat in the large egg for 5 hours and company pronounced it one of my best ever. Nice light smoky flavor, beautiful smoke ring and dripping with moisture is not a bad thing! B)

Duane